Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's A Boy!

The recent exciting news for me is stated in the title. In other words the Brown family name lives on for at least another generation started by my Papa (grandpa) Earl Vern Brown. Well it started well before that but from my presence on I will refer to him as the original since I didn't know any of his parents. Earl lived a good life giving birth to 6 children, 4 daughters and 2 sons. His second son, Doug, my father, then gave birth to 4 more sons, Myself, Nick, Dennis, and Gary. I was the first born in our family as well as was the first born boy grandchild to my grandparents, thus the first capable of being able to carry on the family name past my father who was the last born son of the original Brown family. If you're not confused already I will confuse you some more by telling you out of the 6 children of Earl, 4 girls and 2 sons, there arose a total of 19 grandchildren. This made for some rather large family gatherings, most of which were made up of my aunts, uncles and cousins, of which took on different names, due to well, the majority of the family being females, and tradition being that females wed and took on the name of their male partner, which was the case for the Browns. My uncle Bert however, did have 3 more sons who are currently in the game for producing more Browns as well.

Anywho, long story sorta short, I was the first born male grandchild, the first born male or female, period, to go on to college and graduate from a 4-year university, and the first born male grandchild to give birth to a great grandchild to my late grandfather Earl Brown, with the Brown name intact. Our daughter Presley was born on May 27th, 2009 and is currently the only living 4th generation 'Brown'. My cousins beat me to the grandchild boat, however, they do not possess the Brown name due to circumstances beyond my control. As sweet and precious as little Presley is, unless she weds to another female and takes the butch role and keeps the Brown name and artificially gives birth to another generation that way, the Brown name is in current jeopardy of vanishing. My three brothers are by no means a shoe in the door for yielding a boy to carry on the mighty Brown name, let alone a guarantee of producing offspring period. Currently my youngest brother Gary stands the strongest chance of placing the precision sperm placement such that his oldest brother recently accomplished. He has a steady girlfriend, is young, dumb, and full of cum, again, literally. My Brother Nick who is second oldest is currently engaged to be married next summer to a nice old gal, who has 3 children from another name, which doesn't mean Nick can't do it, it just means maybe Nick shouldn't do it. And Dennis, well Dennis, is a wild card. He may have some bastard Browns running around already, he may be a closet homosexual, he may go on to produce a record number of Brown babies. But chances are he will be more interested in catching a record brown trout. All in all, there still stands a good chance my brothers could produce and whether or not they do, it doesn't matter because come May 2012, the deed will have been done.

Next paragraph.

Okay, enough of a Brown history lesson, I can't describe the excitement leading up to yesterdays ultrasound, which enabled us to get a sneak peak at the genitals of our baby boy. We were excited with Presley back in 08'/09 but for some reason the excitement this time was 10 fold, at least for me. I think my wife can agree. Most likely with Presley we had not experienced being parents yet and either way, we were focused on process and more eager as to how it was going to be once the baby was born. This time was crazy. My heart was pounding and the anxiety and suspense of sitting in the exam room looking at the ultrasonic pictures of the unborn fetus trying to make out a penis or vagina while the radiology tech lady was taking measurements and checking vital signs, not knowing what it was yet, was killing me. Finally the screen turned off and the lady said everything looks good, babies vitals are functioning and the doctor will be with you shortly. Me and my wife looked at eachother and were happy of course but were left a little uneasy. My wife immediately asked if she was able to make out the gender. She laughed and had thought she already told us, and said congratulations you are having a baby boy. She said it was the first thing that she saw when the screen turned on. She then put the ultrasound equipment back up and quickly scanned to my future sons junk and said see that there, thats your boys hog. It was a moment of shear joy, that was not quite matched when we found out the sex of our first child. I don't know if that is common or not, but thats how it was for me. I must add, we both would have been perfectly happy with another girl, however, we would have had to go against the odds of my brothers carrying on the family name.

All in all this story sounds like its about carrying on the family name and how boys are better than girls, but really its about the excitement we both shared yesterday at the doctors office in a once in a lifetime experience for us, as well as a short history lesson on the Browns. We now will get to experience the joys of raising both a boy and a girl to the best of our abilities, something that neither my parents, nor my wife Amanda's parents got to do. Hopefully this is an enjoyable read as it was to write. I've got more music posts to come someday, but figured it was a good time to write this while Amanda was in Presley's room clearing out all her baby girl clothes that were too small and of no more use to us. Man did she have a lot of clothes. The only downfall now is that we have to buy all new stuff for the boy and can't utilize the hand-me down tool. Oh well, who wants to wear clothes that got shit in for 2 years anyway? Well I'm sure our friend's babies won't mind.

Long live the Browns!!!!

5 comments:

  1. This made me laugh, tear up, and also put a big smile on my face! I'm happy we get to experience both genders, I just hope I can relate to the male type...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you portray your brothers, especially Dennis! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, dude. Nothing like having a son. Of course, I don't have a daughter, so I'm sort of biased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nicholas. We will soon find out the joys of having a son. Ya, its kind of funny that our daughter was the first girl in the immediate Brown family and our son will be the first boy in my wifes immediate family. Our Girl is a blast so far. I can't wait until our son is our daughters age right now and getting to see them interact and play with eachother. Then it will likely be like having a puppy. You want them to stay little like that forever, but they all grow up. Never know, you may have a girl to relate to someday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a really good Daddy!! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete