Monday, December 5, 2011

2011 Honorable Mentions

Okay, upon popular demand (not really) I have another list for you. More cool albums from 2011 that didn't quite make the top 20. Some were really close, though, and depending on the day could very well be in there. Here are some honorable mention albums I think you should know about beginning at #21 going up to #50 in that exact order. I could have gone and ranked my whole collection but decided to keep it short.

Artist - Album

#21: Lower Than Atlantis - World Record
#22: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
#23: Rise Against - End Game
#24: Trap Them - Darker Handcraft
#25: Unearth - Darkness in the Light
#26: Hull - Beyond the Lightless Sky
#27: I Am The Avalanche - Avalanche United
#28: City and Color - Little Hell
#29: Bury Your Dead - Mosh 'N' roll
#30: Daniel Davies - Hidden Faces (EP)
#31: Maylene & The Sons of Disaster - IV
#32: Ben Howard - Every Kingdom
#33: The Atlas Moth - An Ache For The Distance
#34: Defeater - Empty Days and Sleepless Nights
#35: Junius - Reports From The Threshold of Death
#36: Megadeth - Th1rt3en
#37: Rival Sons - Pressure and Time
#38: Savious - Death's Procession
#39: Skeletonwitch - Forever Abomination
#40: Tesla - Twisted Wires (Acoustic)
#41: Lazarus A.D. - Black Rivers Flow
#42: Graveyard - Hisingen Blues
#43: Times of Grace - The Hymn of a Broken Man
#44: Trivium - In Waves
#45: The Twilight Singers - Dynamite Steps
#46: Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You
#47: Polar Bear Club - Clash Battle Guilt Pride
#48: My Morning Jacket - Circuital
#49: In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading
#50: Falling Up - Your Sparkling Death Cometh

If I've left any out please let me know. I tend to get lost in the music, but thats okay. I was too lazy to put descriptions on every one of these and didn't want to bore you any more than I probably have already. Depending on how serious you are about music, you may or may not have heard of a lot of these bands. I would be happy to fill you in on any questions you might have. Or again, if you have any suggestions based on the bands you've seen listed that I may enjoy leave a comment and I'll hop on it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Buck. I came here from Decoy and had a good read through your end of year list.
    Keep up the good work dude, I'll share with you my top 50 punk/hardcore releases for the year... (i haven't done one for metal but I think only Cavalera Conspiracy has been omitted)

    1. Balance And Composure – Separation
    2. Most Precious Blood - Do Not Resuscitate
    3. August Burns Red - Leveler
    4. Unearth - Darkness in light
    5. Between the earth and sky - Of roots and wings
    6. TRC - Bright Lights
    7. La Dispute - Wildlife
    8. Casey Jones - I hope we're not the last
    9. This is Hell - Black Mass
    10. Bayside - Killing Time
    11. Romeo Must Die - Hardships in season
    12. Mother of Mercy - IV: Symptoms of Existence
    13. Trapped Under Ice - Big Kiss Goodnight
    14. Driven Fear - Contender
    15. Banner Pilot - Heartbeats Pacific
    16. Thrice - Major/Minor
    17. Agnostic Front - My Life My Way
    18. Thursday - No Develucion
    19. Touché Amoré - Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me
    20. Hands - Give me rest
    21. Polar Bear Club - Clash Battle Guilt Pride
    22. Harvest - Years of defiance Years of disgust
    23. Anchors - Bad Juju
    24. Defeater Empty Days And Sleepless Nights
    25. Such Gold - Stand Tall + Pedestals
    26. Rot in Hell
    27. Backtrack
    28. Wolves at bay
    29. Pour Habit
    30. We Are The Ocean Go Now And Live
    31. Confession The Long Way Home
    32. Living with Lions
    33. Foundations
    34. Title Fight Shed
    35. Northlane - Discoveries
    36. Heartsounds
    37. Earth Crisis
    38. No Turning Back
    39. Dream On Dreamer - Heartbound
    40. Frenzal Rhomb - Smoko At The Pet Food Factory
    41. Falling In Reverse - The Drug In Me Is You
    42. The Swellers - Good For Me
    43. Harms Way
    44. Letlive
    45. Stolen Youth
    46. Samiam
    47. Rise Against - End Game
    48. Trap Them
    49. Transit - Listen & Forgive
    50. Skyway - Finders Keepers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Leighton, I was wondering who the hell you were when I saw the friend request on Facebook this morning. Had a feeling it was from decoy. Looks like we have some in common. I am bummed that Unearth played last night with Chimaira and Skeletonwitch in my town and I was unable to attend. I've listened to 75% or so of your records listed and agree they are great records. Balance and Composure I literally just picked up when it was featured on Decoy and agree its a good listen. Don't think it cracks my top ten but not bad. I've been trying to find that Pour Habit torrent for a while and from the few songs I heard, I really like that band. Good to hear from someone new.

    Oh and does that mean you do not like the Cavalera Conspiracy album? Ha, I listened to it since it first came out, but remember it sounded just like all their other albums if I'm correct?

    ReplyDelete